How To Fix The Windows Update Error 80072efe
Are you currently getting a message that says “Windows Update Error 80072efe”? If so, then you might be currently experiencing problems while checking for updates for your computer or while you are updating your Windows software. This could be caused by a variety of reasons, including corrupted software or hardware firewalls, proxy servers or Windows files. There are actually ways to go around this error message and continue on installing your updates. Outlined in this article will be a few of those tips, so read on to find out.
How to troubleshoot the Windows update error 80072efe
1. Check your Internet connection. One of the reasons why your update might not be installing is because there might be a problem with your Internet connection. It might be too slow for the updates to install, or it might not be functioning properly. To check you Internet connection, go to your Network and Sharing Center -> Troubleshoot Problems -> Internet Connections.
2. If that doesn’t seem to work, another possible option would be to close Windows Update and leave it be for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, open it and manually start Windows Update again. You can do this by going to your Start Menu -> All Programs -> Windows Update. It should be just below your Windows Media Player if you are using Windows 7. Or, you could just wait for the next scheduled time for the update.
3. If the aforementioned still doesn’t work and you still keep on getting the windows update error 80072efe message, try running your troubleshooter. Go to Start, then click on Control Panel. On the search box at the upper right corner, type troubleshooting. Click on the Troubleshooting icon and select System and Security, then Fix Problems with Windows Update.
Troubleshooting by disabling your antivirus programs and firewalls
If the following steps mentioned above still don’t seem to work, then there could be a program that is blocking your access to Windows Update Services. It could be a firewall, antispyware program, antivirus programs or proxy servers. These programs could easily be disabled, and once you have disabled them, you could manually run your Windows Updates as mentioned above. After your updates have successfully installed, you can again re-enable your antivirus programs and firewalls.
To do that, try the following steps:
1. Disable all programs that could affect Windows Updates downloads. Certain antivirus programs can actually cause the error message windows update error 80072efe to appear, like McAfee Firewall, Norton Internet Security, Zone Alarm Firewall and Panda Firewall.
2. On your Start menu, click run and type SERVICES.MSC and click Cryptographic Services. If it has been started, click Stop. Do not close that window.
3. You then locate C:\Windows\System32. Open the System32 folder and delete the Catroot2 subfolder.
4. After you have deleted the Catroot2 subfolder, you then go back to Cryptographic Services and slick Start.
5. Close all open windows and manually start your Windows Updates. It should be working properly by now.
Sometimes, you would not be able to delete the Catroot2 folder, and you would get an error message that states that that current folder is in use. What you should do is to rename the Catroot2 folder. If this doesn’t seem to work either, you should reboot your computer and run it using Safe Mode. It would also help if you log into your computer using an Administrator account or a user account with Administrator access.
Why you need a program to automatically fix the problem
IT specialists do not recommend tweaking your computers though. It is more dangerous to try and delete folders and such if you do not have a good understanding of the operating systems of your computer. There is a very big possibility that you have deleted the wrong folder and your system goes out of whack. Doing it manually would be very time consuming and might cause a lot of hassle. It might even cause you computer to crash. Nobody would want that. There is a software that is available now that would make your computer life easier for you.
Using a program to automatically fix the problem
There is a program that would do everything for you: delete the necessary folders and clean-up your files. It will back-up, repair and even restore your registry files. You could opt to manually choose the files that you want deleted, click on the necessary boxes and buttons, and the software would automatically delete those files for you and repair your computer in the process!
Are you tired of the windows update error 80072efe? Then use a program to automatically fix the problem. Visit: Software To Automatically Fix Windows Update Error 80072efe.
There are multiple ways to remedy the Windows update error 80072efe. You can solve the problem manually if you have the time, patience and know-how. Be careful though, you might accidently delete important system files and cause your computer to crash. A safer and more effective way to solving the problem is to use a special program to automatically fix it.
Would you like to give this special program a try? Visit: fix Windows Update Error 80072efe.