How To Repair The Error 797 Quickly
Want to know how to fix Error 797? Are you having internet connection problems? How many times has your internet connection failed while you’re doing something important? Frustrating right? If this message: “The connection failed because the modem or other connecting device failed. Please make sure that the modem or other connecting device is installed.” appears, then your operating system is experiencing the Error 797.
Understanding Error 797
Error 797 is an error that is related to your system’s network connection. It’s mostly due to faulty connection devices or junk registry entries that block the connection, but there are other causes as well. What happens is that your computer isn’t able to read important files that it needs to connect with Windows. Error 797 commonly occurs when you are:
- trying to connect to the internet
- setting-up a Dial-up, PPTP or Network Connection
- using Outlook Express, Microsoft Office Outlook or programs for Windows Live Mail
Fixing Error 797
The solution for fixing Error 797 depends on the root cause of the problem; meaning there are several ways to fix it.
- Reinstalling the Network Adapter – If your computer’s Network Adapter is not installed properly, you have to reinstall it. Just search for your Network Adapter and uninstall it. Then reboot your computer. If the Add New Hardware wizard pops up, scan your computer for hardware changes and install the network adapter again. If it doesn’t pop up, uninstall your Network Adapter again and reboot. Repeat these steps until the wizard pops up.
- Resolving Registry Entries that are Network Related – Most Error 797 are due to the accumulation of junk network-related registry entries. These junk entries can block your connection to the internet. You will probably need to download a program to clean your registry files. If you do it by yourself, you might accidentally delete some important files.
- Updating your Network Driver Software – You need to download updates for your Network Driver Software for your modem to keep it at optimum efficiency.
- Restoring your Network Settings – If you have made some unwanted or accidental changes in your Network settings that may have caused Error 797 to appear, you will need to restore your settings to one that works. Just go to the System Tools folder on you computer and click Restore. Select a restore point, if there’s one and just keep on pressing the Next button until the your Network settings are restored.
- Email Management – If the error occurs when you are sending or receiving email messages with Windows Live Mail, Microsoft Office Outlook or Outlook Express, you will have to delete and recreate your email accounts. Just Open Microsoft Office Outlook, click Tools then Account Settings. Remove the account where the error occurs and then create another account using the same name.
- Restarting your computer’s Plug and Play Service – If your computer’s Plug and Play Service is turned off, it may result to error 797. You will need to restart this service. Search for the Services folder and select Plug and Play. On the Startup Type box, select the Automatic option. Then click Start and OK.
Using a program to automatically fix Error 797
While the steps mentioned above do work, I still recommend that you get a program that’s designed to fix the problem for you, especially if the problem is caused by junk registry entries. Going through these entries yourself is very time consuming, and worst of all, you may not be able to properly determine which is junk and which is essential. If you delete the wrong file, then you may just create more problems with your computer. When you use a program to automatically fix Error 797, there is no risk for the deletion of important files. It scans your computer and fixes any problem without giving you any hassle. The best part about this program is that it can fix commonly experienced Windows problems and errors, not just Error 797.
Frustrated by Error 797? Then use a program to automatically fix it. Try: Software To Fix Error 797
Error 797 is a common problem that can be really annoying. It is mostly caused by faulty devices used for network connections or junk registry entries that block the connection. There are several ways to fix the error, but using a program to automatically fix it is the best option. All you have to do is download the program and relax as it does its job. With this program, there is no danger of accidentally deleting registry entries that are vital for your computer to start.
Want to automatically fix the Error 797? Visit: Fix Error 797